Restaurant Ratings: Dirty Meat Slicers Don’t Cut It!
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
B & K Grocery at 15238 Huntsville Brownsferry Road in Athens: Score of 83
- Lack of proper Sanitizer.
- Meat Slicer needs Cleaning.
Royal Inn Hotel at 6950 US Hwy 431 S. in Albertville: Score of 80
- Hose connected without back siphonage prevention device.
- Unlabeled cleaner bottles.
Golden Spoon Award:
Artic Chill Frozen Yogurt at 616 on Highway 31in Athens: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges