Saban and Malzahn Talking Local Talent During Trips to Huntsville
Nick Saban and Gus Malzahn both understand the key to winning in the SEC begins and ends with recruiting.Reggie Ragland was one of Saban’s prize recruits out of Madison a few years ago, and Alabama’s Head Coach discussed his development. “Reggie has done a nice job for us. He actually played on special teams some last year but suffered an ankle sprain which affected his development to some degree but did a nice job at Spring practice and I think he’s going to be a really good contributor for us this year.”
Gus Malzahn isn’t new to recruiting at Auburn, but he is new to the job of Head Coach on the Plains. Auburn’s head coach gave plenty of credit to his assistants for making this year’s class such a good one.
“First of all, our coaching staff, I’m really happy with those guys and they’re all men of good character, great examples for our players, great coaches and had a great Spring and they’re all on the same page in terms of recruiting and I think you saw what they did the last four weeks of recruiting and things are on the up-and-up right now and a lot of excitement.”
Both coaches spoke Tuesday evening to their respective fan bases in Huntsville.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it