Restaurant Ratings: Dirty Ice Just Won’t Do!
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
BB Perrins at 608 Holly Street, NE in Decatur: Score of 80
- Must complete approved course in 120 days.
HAMZA Mini Mart at 4298 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 82
- The ice machine interior was dirty.
Curry’s on Johnston Street at 115 Johnston Street, SE in Decatur: Score of 82
- Spray bottle not labeled.
Golden Spoon Award:
Wings to Go at 1241 Point Mallard Parkway in Decatur: Score of 98
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges