Computer Vision Engineer
|Salary:||Salary not Determined|
|Date Posted:||Apr 25 2013|
SAIC has an opportintiy for a Computer Vision Engineer in its Space Engineering and Technology Division located in Huntsville, AL. Requires ability to obtain a DoD security clearance; U.S. citizenship required.
The position will support a variety of positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) development programs, including support of defense, NASA, and commercial projects. Navigation programs range from early concept modeling and simulation to integrated hardware/software prototype and production systems. Candidate will be responsible to develop both prototype algorithms and processing applications. The candidate will help optimize processing algorithms to scalable solutions using high-performance languages and architectures.The workplace is a high-energy environment with most projects using small teams of 2 – 5 engineers with cross-discipline skills and frequent direct interactions with our customers.
The position requires a B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science and 4+ years of related experience; M.S. degree preferred.
Candidates must have experience in the following areas:
- Matlab, Simulink, and C/C++, preferably with development experience on
– Development experience with image processing and computer vision algorithms, with emphasis on use of algorithm outputs to aid traditional navigation systems.
– A variety of optical sensors (including cameras and LIDAR) and should have experience with image feature extraction algorithms (such as SIFT and SURF).
– Developing Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms using active and passive sensors for ground and/or airborne platforms.
– Using GIS databases as a correlation source to provide absolute position fixes is also desired.
– Optimal estimation algorithms including Kalman filters to support error model and algorithm interface development.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time