Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Logan’s Roadhouse at 2315 Beltline Road, SW in Decatur: Score of 75
- Hose bib at dishwasher had no backflow preventer.
- Bar gun holster needs cleaning.
- Drink discovered in prep. cooler.
La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant at1000 Q Beltline Road in Decatur: Score of 78
- Spray bottles not labeled.
- Consumer advisory not on menu.
- Cheese out of temperature.
Las Trojas Cantina Mexican Restaurant at 3750 Highway 53 in Huntsville: Score of 83
- Multiple damaged utensils and equipment; chip scoop, ice bucket, spatula and broken prong on strainer.
- Ground beef held at 111 – 113F and stored on top of oven.
Golden Spoon Award:
AFC Sushi at Publix in Owens Cross Roads in Huntsville: Score of 100
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.