House Fire in Limestone County

Settle Road House Fire

ATHENS, Ala. (WHNT) — Firefighters are working to put out the last flames of a house fire on Settle Road in South Athens.

A family of four has lost everything. Crews on the scene tell us the fire began as a small kitchen fire on the stove, which the family members believed they had extinguished around 1:00 a.m. They awoke several hours later to the house filled with smoke. Firefighters report the fire had spread to the attic and throughout the house. The roof of the house caved in.

The family does have insurance, but they are now without a home.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 654 other followers