Restaurant Ratings: Rodents Ruin Appetites
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Daylight Donuts at 2038 Gunter Avenue in Guntersville: Score of 66
- Drinking in kitchen.
- Hose at utensil sink requires back siphonage prevention.
- Food contact containers inadequately designed.
- Potentially hazardous foods held at inappropriate temperatures without timing system in use.
- Home canned relish.
Simmons BBQ at 2200 Gilbreath Street in Guntersville: Score of 76
- Dish soap stored on top of drink machine.
- Issues with Dish Washing Process.
Mama’s at1924 Gunter Ave. in Guntersville: Score of 78
- Pizza held at 72 degrees without timer.
- Cleaner in a pump sprayer with label.
- Evidence of rodents.
Jersey Mike’s Subs at 6290 University Drive: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.
- Woman's Auto-Payments Hid Her Death for Six Years
- Chrysler: Rare Dodge Viper Used for Educational Purposes Must Be Destroyed
- EXCLUSIVE: Scottsboro Police Looking For Three People Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit Bills
- BREAKING: New Hope Furniture Store Burnt Down, Traffic Backed up on Highway 431