Featured Job: PC Systems Specialist
PC Systems Specialist
PC Systems Specialist to be located in Huntsville, AL.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
A PC Systems Specialist is responsible for performing tasks which sometimes require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances.
A PC Systems Specialist must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must provide a high level of interfacing with co-workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
Customer Service: Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
- Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moment’s notice, sometimes in very stressful situations.
- Provide front-line telephone and desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war-fighter customers/users at a military installation
- Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing
- Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
A PC Systems Specialist’s main technology emphasis should be to:
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
- Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
- Utilize tools sets such as Symantec Ghost, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Maintain skill set required to do job
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and DIACAP process.
- Update systems with IAVA updates and anti-virus updates
Activities will be directed, monitored, outlined and supervised by a more senior-level technician and/or Project Manager. Receives initial instructions, equipment requirement, and advice from supervisor as needed. Performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
A PC Systems Specialist will be familiar with desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, installation/troubleshooting and have some knowledge of network operating systems and hardware. A PC Systems Specialist may need advice and/or expertise from a higher-level technician at times. A PC Systems Specialist may participate in special projects and tasks in a technical capacity.
Criticality of Attendance:
Consistent attendance is critical. A typical work week runs from Monday-Friday and daily work hours range from 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM. This will occasionally vary due to 24/7 coverage for emergencies (rare but possible) and infrequent Overtime requirements. Being prompt is extremely important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service.
- Preferred education/experience – Two years relevant experience OR 1 year relevant experience and an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
- Required training – CompTIA Security + certification and at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification. Examples: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician), A+, MCDST, MCP or HDI Desktop Support Technician
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance and the ability to obtain unescorted access to work areas on a military installation.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company’s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!