Restaurant Ratings: Dirty Dishes, Dirty Ice, No Soap?
TENNESSEE VALLEY (WHNT) -
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Super Value Mini Mart at 1811 Nick Davis Road in Harvest: Score of 82
- The interior of ice machine is dirty.
- The soda fountain machine’s nozzle caps are dirty.
B & K Grocery at 14998 Brownsferry in Athens: Score of 84
- No evidence of sanitizer in third chamber of the ware washing sink.
- No back-flow prevention device on ware washing sink.
The Pointe Bar and Grill at 7001 Val Monte Drive in Guntersville: Score of 76
- Ice machine needed to be cleaned.
- Food contaminated by utensil washing.
- Home canned products.
Golden Spoon Award:
Sam’s Club Deli at 2235 National Blvd. SW in Huntsville: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.
- Woman's Auto-Payments Hid Her Death for Six Years
- Chrysler: Rare Dodge Viper Used for Educational Purposes Must Be Destroyed
- EXCLUSIVE: Scottsboro Police Looking For Three People Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit Bills
- BREAKING: New Hope Furniture Store Burnt Down, Traffic Backed up on Highway 431