Featured Job: Technical Sales Engineer
Description: Advertised Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Huntsville/Decatur, AL
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Technical Sales Representative in our Water and Process Services group located in Huntsville/Decatur, AL If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco programs and services in targeted accounts within the paper, chemical, steel, and power industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a strong emphasis on converting strategic competitive accounts to Nalco. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
– Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close major, competitively-held accounts. Target % sales time will be greater than 40%.
– Work closely with large, strategic current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
– Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives.
– Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
– Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
– Actively sell and support Nalco innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco.
– Demonstrate strong team leadership by supporting the training of other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading portions of District Meetings.
– Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts.
– Travel will be local, with very little overnight travel.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 8+ years of successful technical sales or outside sales experience
– Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
– No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
– 15+ years of successful technical sales or outside sales experience with a proven sales track record
– Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
– Experienced with boilers & cooling towers, and /or paper machine operations, wet end chemistry, and pulp mill operations.
– High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
– History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
– Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
– Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
– Sales history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships
– Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task