Bill Holtzclaw Blogs On Montgomery ‘Pressure Cooker’
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – In the heat of the Alabama Accountability Act debate, many are calling for a little accountability and transparency from lawmakers responsible for the bill’s passage.
In a blog State Senator Bill Holzclaw of Madison had been chronicling in detail the rollercoaster ride that has been the last week in Montgomery.
In his blog Hotlzclaw describes last Thursday night’s spectacle on the senate floor as a “pressure cooker”. In the interest of full disclosure, Holtzclaw provides links to the Accountability Act passed last Thursday, the House bill – as it came to the Senate and the Senate bill – as it passed conference committee.
Not only does the blog chronicle exactly what Holtzclaw says happened at every turn with House Bill 84, but he blogs:
“Everyone is focused on how the bill was passed and the new school choice (tax credit) section. I would like to reiterate that the flex portion we’ve championed for two years now remains intact. This benefits every student, teacher and school in the state. The tax credit portion only comes into play for children in persistently low performing schools. The goal is to have all schools performing at or exceeding standards.”
Holtzclaw blogs in Wednesday’s entry, “you really do get the inside story reading my blog.”
Click here to view Bill Holtzclaw’s blog in it’s entirety.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it