TENNESSEE VALLEY (WHNT) – Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Shoney's at 1402 Hwy 72 E. in Athens: Score of 77
- Window cleaner stored over food.
- Ham, turkey and cheese in prep cooler held at 50F, Pasta and eggs on buffet held at 52F.
- Gravy and grits held at 126F.
La Noche Buena at 1109 Jordan Lane in Huntsville: Score of 79
- Personal drink (bottle of water 1/2 empty) being stored on clean side drain board of utensil sink. Also being stored beside salt & raw fresh fish.
- Spray container of glass cleaner being stored beside plastic food bags & lids.
Tai Pan Palace at 2012 S. Memorial Pkwy in Huntsville: Score of 83
- During cold holding in walk-in cooler, a pan of raw chicken dish at 44.0 F; required to be 41F or colder.
- Restore chlorine residual to final rinse of dishwasher.
Golden Spoon Award:
Athens Limestone Hospital at 700 W. Market Street: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.