Kite Festival Saturday At John Hunt Park
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – AshaKiran and the City of Huntsville will host a Community Kite Festival on March 9th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at John Hunt Park, Championship Fields in Huntsville.
The public is welcome to join 50 diverse organizations from throughout the city that have gathered to celebrate and promote awareness and inclusiveness for a just world. The theme for this inaugural event is “Soar for Social Justice.” Attendees will learn about the many resources available to them while enjoying a festival atmosphere.
This is a free event with door prizes, music, entertainment and activities including the opportunity for children to paint and fly their own kite. Experts from Forever Flying Flags and Kites of Decatur will demonstrate amazing kite flying stunts while offering assistance to the novice, less experienced kite flyers.
Participants can bring their own kite or kites can be purchased at the festival. The public is encouraged to bring blankets and chairs to comfortably enjoy the spectacular site of kites over the Huntsville skies.
Huntsville Hospital Mobile Medical Unit will provide cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure screenings.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it