Another Chain Restaurant Closes in Guntersville
The Krystal restaurant in Guntersville has closed its doors.
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT)– For the fourth time in less than a year, a chain restaurant has closed its doors in Guntersville. The Krystal restaurant located in the Southgate Plaza along 431 recently shuttered. A sign out front says the restaurant is closed and encourages customers to visit the location in Boaz.
It’s not clear why the store closed, but recently company officials said the closing of a store on South Parkway in Huntsville was because it was an under-performing location.
In addition to the Krystal, the Quiznos, Sonic and O’Charley’s restaurants have all closed in the last year in Guntersville. O’Charley’s officials also cited low sales as the reason for closing the location.
In an interview late last year, Guntersville’s new mayor Leigh Dollar, told WHNT News 19 that recruiting new businesses like restaurants was a top priority. She told us she was concerned about the recent closings.
Despite the closures, there is some good news on the horizon. Oklahoma based Daylight Donuts will be opening a Guntersville location in the coming weeks. Daylight already has stores in Arab, Hartselle and Scottsboro.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it