- Job responsibilities include: Troubleshoot robotic systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics and sensors.
– Knowledge of both Adept and Fanuc Robots.
– Knowledge of V++ and Carol software.
– Maintain robot programs.
– Modify computer controlled robot movements.
– Ability to program and make program changes.
- Program robots to meet cycle times.
– Adjust, maintain and troubleshoot end of arm tooling to maximize uptime
– Perform preventative or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
– Train other personnel to use and maintain robots.
– Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality.
– Help to maintain inventories of production supplies such as sensors and cables.
– Maintain service records of robotic equipment.
– Program robotic vision systems.
– Create new equipment maintenance and standard operating procedure documents.
– Make sure needed robot inventory is set-up in stores.
– Provide technical support for daily maintenance issues and new project installations.
– Provide training to operator’s on Robot information
– Work to provide transparency in Robot operation to the operator – through messages and information transfer to an HMI
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
– Minimum of a 2 year robot apprenticeship training program and/or a minimum of 5 years of documented experience in Robotics.
– Self-directed: requires minimal supervision
– Must have demonstrated strong teamwork, customer focus, and initiative competencies
– Good communication skills
– Intermediate to advanced computer skills
– Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
– Travel may be required to include international as well as domestic
– Demonstrate ability to teach and transfer knowledge
– Experience in PLC’s / Control System’s a plus