As part of a supervisory team, contact supervisors perform the following tasks:
– Lead and supervise employees to ensure all housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are understood and followed. Take immediate steps to correct any unsafe working conditions.
– Accountable for control of all company products and resources to prevent loss and keep cost at a minimum.
– Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems, according to company policies and procedures.
– In conjunctions with Shift Manager will interview, investigate, and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including making recommendations for termination of employment.
– Participate in hiring process to include screening and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire.
– In conjunctions with Shift Manager, plans material, resources, staffing, flow of materials/work etc. through department and ensure new technology, process and/or procedures are smoothly transferred into daily activities.
– Ensure team meets department goals such as: productivity, first time through (FTT), rework, scrap, precious metal control and deliverables.
– Enable team to become more self sufficient through providing training and leadership and in coaching team members to assume more responsibilities.
– Pursue continuous improvement in assigned area of the department.
– Complete performance evaluations, attendance records and payroll process for assigned employees.
– This position typically is assigned a 12 hour shift and may be assigned nights and or days and may rotate after periods of time
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
– High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– 5+ years related manufacturing work experience required.
– Experience in catalyst manufacturing is a strong plus.
– Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting is required.
– Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills.
– Demonstrated leadership skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, highly motivated environment.
– Ability to work rotating shifts.