Restaurant Ratings: Dirty Dishes, Dirty Hands, Dirty Counters
TENNESSEE VALLEY (WHNT) – Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Town Creek Fillin Station at 12802 Highway 227 in Guntersville: Score of 65
- Failing to sanitize dishes.
- Cooking from raw.
- Approved course not completed.
- Drink in cooler.
Logan’s Roadhouse at 16132 Athens Limestone Blvd. in Athens: Score of 81
- 2 personal drinks found in active food preparation area.
- Milk, soft cheese and ranch dressing held at 48F.
Asian Grill at 4715 University Drive Suite 120 in Huntsville: Score of 84
- A cook grabbed cooked rice with his bare hands and put it on a plate for a consumer.
- Cooks hands were not clean.
- The cook did not wash his hands before putting on gloves.
- A cook had smoked and then went back to cooking without washing his hands
- Raw chicken was stored in grocery bags made of recycled plastic and there were cracked containers.
- The cook did not wash his hands in hot water.
Golden Spoon Award:
Ted’s BBQ at 6125 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.