Huntsville Resident Grateful For Working Smoke Detector

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – A homeowner in south Huntsville is extremely grateful to his smoke detector, which may have saved his life.

It comes in the aftermath of a house fire around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday at a home on Wilks Place.

The homeowner told a WHNT NEWS 19 crew that he believes the flames started in the kitchen, perhaps from a grease fire.

The smoke detector went off and alerted him to the fire.

When firefighters got to the scene, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.  It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

However, the fire did heavy damage to the kitchen.  Smoke damaged the rest of the home.

There were no injuries.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 693 other followers