WHNT News 19′s Tax Action Line A Huge Success
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – WHNT News 19 is Taking Action to help you get answers to your tax questions.
Licensed CPAs with the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) fielded more than 200 of your phone calls in the WHNT News 19 Studios.
Here is a list of just some of the topics the tax professionals answered in their two hours:
- What new changes will affect my taxes this year?
- How much money do I have to make to file taxes?
- Should I use a tax preparer or do my own taxes online using a software program?
- How can I estimate my taxes online?
- Can I itemize deductions related to school expenses?
- Do I have to pay taxes on Social Security disability benefits?
- Do I have to list last year’s state tax refund as income?
- What if I tapped into my retirement account in the last year?
- Can I deduct medical expenses from a hospital stay?
If you need help finding a licensed CPA, you can click on the link for the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges