Knoxville, Tenn. – On Wednesday, the University of Tennessee football team will host the First Annual VOLympics draft at 10:15 a.m.
The draft will break up Team 117 into 10 squads, each headed by two captains, in a winner-take-all competition to span the spring football season.
Each team will receive, or lose, points based on multiple criteria including performance in the classroom, performance on the field, community service, and through team building events.
The competition will conclude with a ‘Night of Champions’ where the team who accumulated the most points will be crowned champions.
Follow along with the live blog as the football team makes its draft selections.
Team Checkerboard Team PowerT
Tiny Richardson Brian Randolph
A.J. Johnson Jason Croom
Team The Hill Gang Team Rocky Top
Justin Worley Marlon Walls
Eric Gordon Rajion Neal
Team Smokey Team Neyland
Ja’Wuan James Corey Miller
Channing Fugate Nathan Peterman
Team Orange & White Team The Rock
Curt Maggitt Zach Fulton
Marlin Lane Raiques Crump
Team Vol Navy Team Vol Walk
Brent Brewer Byron Moore
James Stone Maurice Couch
- Defensive Quality Control Assistant Terry Fair will host the draft
- The order of the draft will be chosen at random and will be in the snake format where the final team to pick will make the first pick of the next round.
- The teams captains will have 1:30 in the first round to make their selections
- In the subsequent rounds the teams will have just 45 seconds to choose
- The draft will go until all members of the team have been chosen
Courtesy UT Media Relations