Local Superintendents Take United Front On School Calendar
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – Superintendents of the three school districts in Madison County say they plan to use the same calendar in the upcoming school year.
Dr. Casey Wardynski, Dr. Dee Fowler and Dr. David Copeland, superintendents of Huntsville, Madison and Madison County, respectively, held a joint news conference Monday in Madison.
The 2013-2014 school calendar is expected to include a longer summer break and no fall break. The Madison County Board of Education approved the calendar last week.
Here are links to see the calendars:
- Huntsville 2013-2014 Calendar
- Madison 2013-2014 Calendar
- Madison County 2013-2014 Calendar
- Madison 2013-2014 Alternate Calendar
- Madison County 2013-2014 Alternate Calendar
All three school systems want to regain more local control over the calendar in order to determine the start and end date, and to factor in more weather days, among other things. State Sen. Bill Holtzclaw (R-Madison) was also present to discuss a bill he has co-sponsored in the Legislature that would give school systems more flexibility.
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges