Featured Job: Project Planner/Scheduler
Project Planner/Scheduler (Job Number:320227)
The Engineering & Analysis Operation (EAO) of SAIC in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opening for a Project Planner/Scheduler. Successful candidate will support the Operation by performing the following:
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work in a team environment with technical subject matter experts to manage and complete new projects.
- Responsible for the collection and preparation of all data associated with new projects.
- Develop and maintain multi-tier project schedules.
- Identify and monitor critical paths, report schedule performance issues, develop cost justifications, and coordinate mitigation of issues with Project Management.
- Present monthly schedule reports.
- Produce monthly EVM performance reports.
- Provide weekly status reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree and 6+ years of experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Minimum of six years applicable project scheduling experience.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) tracking and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of project scheduling and EVM principles.
- Experience in the development, integration, maintenance, and analysis of multi-tier project schedules.
- Strong MS Project skills (i.e., logic relationships, resource loading, filtering, reporting options and identification of schedule critical paths).
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Currently possess an active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience managing subcontractor schedules.
- Experience leading a collaborative team.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company’s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time