Restaurant Ratings: Raw Eggs Leaking on Lettuce, Laundry Detergent A La Mode!
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Waffle House at 3995 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 74
- The final rinse of the dish machine only reached 170F.
- Eggs stored above the griddle were 50F.
- Raw eggs were stored above ready to eat items and had leaked on uncovered lettuce and jalapenos.
- Cutting boards and a can opener were not in good repair.
Wavaho Food Mart at 707 Wilson Street, NW in Decatur: Score of 80
- Laundry detergent stored with flour & cooking spray.
- Gizzards at 120F.
Waffle House at 2312 Miller Avenue in Guntersville: Score of 83
- Eggs out of temperature and timer had expired.
- Ice maker dirty.
Golden Spoon Award:
Lime Fresh Mexican Grill at 335 Bridge Street in Huntsville: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.