Featured Job: System Engineer and Composite Tracking Analyst
System Engineer &Composite Tracking Analyst (Job Number:319209)
Summary: The Software Engineering Directorate (SED) Government Systems Integration Laboratory (G-SIL) is responsible for supporting the acquisition, test and evaluation of components and technologies developed for the Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Battle Command System (IBCS). These activities include participation in the End-to-End Simulations (ETESIM) and Government Systems Integration Lab (G-SIL) Software/Hardware-in-the-Loop (S/HWIL) integration, testing and demonstrations for the purpose of verifying performance requirements. This position will support the integration, test and evaluation of real-time adapted weapon/sensors and external component simulators/emulators and distributed tactical network technologies.
The primary duties of this position will consist of the 1) supporting the assessment and verification of systems and systems-of-systems requirements, 2) definition and specification of distributed instrumentation, processing, communication and data collection capabilities for the test environment, 3) identification of parameters of interest, definition of simulated distributed radar & tracking investigations, 4) providing direction in the preparation of appropriate stimulus, and 5) performing detailed analyses of the test data and resulting air pictures at each composite tracking node.
The Composite Tracking Analyst will assess conceptual and prototypical software designs in terms of their ability to measure and report air and space objects accurately and consistently, and their impact in terms of computational power and communications bandwidth. This position requires working as an individual contributor, as well as extensive collaboration with other analysts, software developers, engineers and testers.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college in Engineering (BSCE or BSEE desirable), Computer Science, Physics, or Math, is preferred (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree). This position requires a minimum of 6+ years of overall engineering experience with specific previous experience in one or more of the following areas: Current US Army air defense radar, launcher, and missile systems and their respective simulations, composite tracking, sensor registration, Tactical Data Links (e.g. Link-16), distributed simulation, and instrumentation, real-time software systems, scientific method, and technical report generation. Adequate experience with common analysis software and tools (e.g. MatLab) is highly desirable.
1. Apply engineering/scientific method to the definition, design, conduct, and reporting of tests and investigations of composite track management software and supporting technologies.
2. Develop and/or apply existing analysis tools, specify requirements for new tools, and/or prototype supplemental tools (e.g. using Matlab, Excel, and scripting languages) to process data collected from simulated air operation exercises and compute parameters of interest describing the performance of the instrumentation, processing, and/or communications systems.
3. Assume technical responsibility for the accuracy of analysis results individually developed and for results developed by groups under your technical leadership.
4. Provide inputs to the project technical lead on the overall task plan and schedule. Report accomplishments, status, and plans on a weekly basis.
Security Clearance: Applicants must currently hold (or be able to obtain within reasonable time) a DoD security clearance at the secret level
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company’s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges