Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Alabama Super Market at 712 Triana Blvd in Huntsville: Score of 75
- No documentation for food course.
- An employee is not washing, rinsing and sanitizing equipment and utensils properly.
- Bleach is not used to sanitize items.
- Cheese was held at 51F in the reach-in-cooler.
Sakkio Japan at 5901 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 84
- Employee was eating in the kitchen.
- Shrimp 46F, chicken 46-47F, noodles 46F.
Bonnie's Bogey's at 412 Old Town Street in Guntersville: Score of 83
- Broken ice scoop.
- Ice maker needed to be cleaned.
Golden Spoon Award:
- Xtreme Nutrition and Smoothies at 117 U.S. Highway 31 South in Athens: Score of 100
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.