Restaurant Ratings: Roaches, Employee Bubble Gum & Gloves Gone Missing!
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Denny’s Restaurant at 4874 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 79
- During inspection, cook had beverage in open container over food preparation area.
- Several spray bottles were observed without labels during inspection.
- During inspection several live roaches were seen in establishment.
David Gibson Bar BQ at 4114 Bob Wallace Ave SW in Huntsville: Score of 82
- Employees were not wearing gloves when prepping ready-to eat products. (Bread for sandwiches)
Tienda Maya II at 316 1/2 Martling Road in Albertville: Score of 78
- Cleaner bottle stored over food products.
- Shelled raw eggs in retail held at room temperature.
- Rice held at 108 degrees.
- Employee was chewing gum while prepping food.
Golden Spoon Award:
Elizabeth G’s at 400 Nance Ford Road in Hartselle: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.