Local Woman Wins Miss Rodeo USA In Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (WHNT) – After weeks of fierce competition, a Moulton woman won the title of Miss Rodeo USA.
Lauren Terry, Miss Limestone Sheriff’s Rodeo, was selected Miss Rodeo USA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Sunday afternoon. She competed against 11 other contestants from around the country.
Lauren, 21, is the daughter of Keith and Marsha Terry of Moulton. Lauren is a senior at Auburn University majoring in Animal Science. She has served as ambassador for the Limestone Sheriff’s Rodeo for the past year, promoting the program, its traditions and values.
“We are extremely proud of Lauren and we sincerely appreciate all her efforts and her dedication to the values her parents have instilled in her. She is rich in class and character and as she has done for us, she will be a tremendous role model as Miss Rodeo USA for young women all over the country,” said Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely.
“While in Oklahoma this week, the most constant remark we heard about Lauren was that she was full of class and dignity,” Sheriff Blakely added. “We are fortunate to have had her as our ambassador. She has represented her state, her community, and her family with the utmost of pride, and won the hearts of the judges and the entire crowd.”
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it