TVA Spilling Water At All 9 Main Tennessee River Dams
Information provided by the TVA:
The Tennessee Valley Authority is monitoring water levels due to all of the recent rain. The TVA is now spilling water at all nine of its main dams along the Tennessee River.
Due to the amount of water, the TVA has closed the navigation lock at Fort Loudoun.
Fort Loudoun, Watts Bar and Chickamauga are currently a couple of feet about summer elevations, when TVA allows the water levels on the lakes to be at their highest.
Guntersville, Wheeler and Wilson are all discharging about 1.25 million gallons per second and Kentucky is discharging about 1.5 million gallons per second.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it