Report: UAH To Bid For WCHA
Huntsville, Ala. (WHNT) – The UAH hockey team has not had a conference home since 2010.
That might be changing in the next few months.
The school is reportedly going to make a bid to the NCAA to join the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Thursday. While the school has declined to verify this proposal, the WCHA seems to make the most sense for the Chargers.
First, the league has nine teams next season and UAH would give the WCHA an even number. Second, UAH is the only unaffiliated team left in Division I hockey. Finally, joining the league would renew rivalries with Bemidji State and Minnesota State-Mankato.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it