List of Road Closures Due To Flooding
TENNESSEE VALLEY (WHNT) – There are still many flooded roads across north Alabama as of Thursday morning. We’ll continue to update this list as new information comes in.
King Bridge on 6th Street, between Hatton School Road and Shaw Road, is under water.
Fort Payne Gap, also known as Third Street Gap is closed due to a rockslide/roadslide. The road will be closed indefinitely.
The following roads are flooded:
- County Road 151 in the Central community
- County Road 354 near Pisgah
- County Road 177 near New Home Church
- County Road 31 near Pikeville
- County Road 453 – the road around Big Coon Mountain outside of Stevenson
- Highway 117 North on the way to Sherwood, TN
- County Road 45 in Stevenson – one lane is open
- County Road 9 at Estill Fork
- County Road 142 near Paint Rock
- Highway 65 in Princeton near Paint Rock Valley High School
Flood Warning for the Paint Rock River near Woodville [AL] till Jan 19, 5:32 PM CST
McFarland Park in Florence is closed due to flooding.
Flood warning for the Tennessee River at Florence, until further notice.
Flood Warning for Big Nance Creek at Courtland until Jan 18 at 1:20 a.m.
- Flood warning continues for the Tennessee River at Whitesburg, until January 19 at 4:30 a.m.
- Flood Warning for the Flint River at Brownsboro until January 18 at 4:30 p.m.
- Flood warning in effect for the Paint Rock River near Woodville, affecting Marshall County
- Portions of Butler Mill & Mill Road, Snead Bottom Road and Cathedral Caverns Road and Babe Wright Road and Cathedral Caverns Road are closed due to flooding.
- As of Tuesday afternoon, Fish Trap Road was open, but was being monitored for rising water levels and may have to be closed later.
We’ll continue to update WHNT.com with new information as it comes in.