HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Firefighters responded to a house fire last night in the 800 block of Washington Street. A woman and two children were taken to the UAB Burn Center.
Huntsville Police say a neighbor called in saying they “heard a boom.” Authorities say there was a natural gas explosion the residence, which is part of a Huntsville Housing Authority housing project.
Cheri Kent and her two children, ages 5 and 7, were rushed to the Burn Center in Birmingham. Officials tell us the mother’s injuries are critical. The two children’s injuries are not life-threatening.
The case remains under investigation.