Parking Wars! Brewery Warns Customers To Not Park In Housing Authority Lot
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — Below the Radar Brewery employees are warning customers to avoid parking in the paved lot across the street from their front door because the Huntsville Housing Authority is threatening to tow violators.
Owners at the popular brew pub say they have been trying to work out a deal to allow customers to use the Housing Authority lot on weekends after normal business hours, but so far no deal has been reached.
“We are working with them but we are not willing to pay them (Housing Authority) for our customers to park there,” brewery part-owner Dan Bodeker told WHNT News 19 Monday evening.
The interview was conducted a few hours after a post on the brewery’s official fan page eluded to wrong-doing on the part of the Housing Authority. The post was removed after WHNT News 19 started asking questions. Bodeker says the post was made by another administrator on the page that has over 2,700 “Likes”.
The Housing Authority is aware of the post and serious allegations made but had not responded to requests by WHNT News 19 for comment as of 9:00 pm Monday evening.
Bodeker says for now customers are urged to park in city parking spaces.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it