Free Tax Services From United Way
Free Tax Prep and E-filing – In person or online!
Save up to $200 instantly using our free tax services if you meet at least ONE of these qualifications:
- 60 years of age or older
- Individuals or combined family income of $50,000 or less
- Individual or combined family income of $57,000 or less can prepare their own taxes for free at
Whether in person or online, individuals can e-file their federal and state tax returns. When taxpayers e-file and use direct deposit, they typically get a refund in as little as 7 business days.
Starting January 15, 2013, individuals can call United Way of Madison County, (256) 536-0745, and schedule their free appointment with an IRS-certified volunteer who will prepare and e-file their federal and state taxes for free.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart