Featured Job: Distribution Group Leader, Target
Distribution Group Leader In Training – Huntsville, AL(Job Number: SUP00030X)
JOIN US AS A GROUP LEADER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Operations Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor
About This Opportunity
Advance your leadership and operational skills to a new level by inspiring and achieving great performance. Apply cutting-edge technologies to optimize our critical supply chain network. Drive sales profitably by delivering what guests want.
Directs and supervises activities of the team members. Accurately handles all inbound and outbound freight according to company policies. Responsible for security and safety of department areas. Ensures “Best Methods” productivity improvement procedures are being used by all team members.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an innovative team working toward visionary goals. As an entry-level leader at Target, you’ll learn to…
– Identify and coordinate daily activities of 20-40 team members; inspire your team to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge
– Collaborate across departments to drive optimal productivity; foster an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
– Ensure performance plans are set, maintained, and continuously improved; generate creative solutions to identify improvements in processes
– Drive your personal growth and development by leveraging tools, resources, and relationships with other leaders
– Maintain level of service requirements throughout the process, from our vendors to our distribution center to our stores
– Manage a safe workplace by advocating safety training and accident preparedness
– 4-year degree
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences; demonstrate ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
– Strong reasoning, analytical, and organizational skills
– Ability to read, interpret, and effectively communicate necessary policies and procedures to others
– Ability to access all levels and areas of facility
– Openness to relocation
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Madison
Recruitment Period: Fall