Fatal Wreck Shuts Down Oakwood Avenue
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — A man died today after police say his car hit a pole and brought down power lines in Madison County.
It happened around noon on Sunday on Oakwood Avenue. Authorities say 64-year-old Robert James McDonald was driving the vehicle when it hit a wooden power pole, cutting it in half and dropping power lines.
McDonald was transported by HEMSI to Huntsville Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after the accident.
Oakwood Avenue was closed for a few hours while Huntsville Utilities crews worked to replace the power lines and pole.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it