Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
MinitMan at 813 Horton Road in Albertville: Score of 78
- Dry fly poison stored over drink syrups.
- Dirty soda nozzles & ice maker.
- Partially eaten container of ice cream with a used spoon stored in the retail sales freezer.
Liberty 2000 at 497 Dan Tibbs in Huntsville: Score of 84
- The interior of the ice machine is dirty
Taqueria y Restaurante Mi Princesa at 520 North Main Street in Boaz: Score of 82
- The Dish machine had a final rinse cycle without chlorine.
- Peeling teflon pans and broken strainers were discovered.
Golden Spoon Award:
- Gigi’s Cupcakes at 1241 Pt. Mallard Parkway in Decatur: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.