“Hot Spot” Safety Checkpoints Announced
Huntsville Police Department announced “hot spot” safety checkpoints for holiday DUI enforcement.These will last through New Year’s Eve. When approaching checkpoints, drivers will be asked to provide a driver’s license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. Seat belt compliance for both the driver and passengers will also be checked.
Here are the announced safety checkpoints:
- University Drive at Jordan Lane
- US 72 East between Epworth and Moore’s Mill Road
- Oakwood Avenue and Pulaski Pike
- North Memorial Parkway at Sparkman Drive
- Jordan Lane at Sparkman Drive
- South Memorial Parkway at Meadowbrook Drive
- Airport Road and Whitesburg Drive
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart