Huntsville Police Announce New Year’s Eve Checkpoints
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) -The Huntsville Police Department will be proactive in
enforcing Alabama DUI laws over the upcoming holiday weekend.
The department is able to staff these checkpoints because of money provided by a grant from the State’s Traffic Safety Office (ADECA). Huntsville Police Officers will be conducting saturation patrols and setting up traffic safety checkpoints to encourage everyone not to drink and drive.
The Huntsville Police Department’s DUI Traffic Task Force will be operating random checkpoints. They will also be positioned at specific locations which have been identified as “Hot Spots” because of high crashes and DUI related involvements.
When approaching safety checkpoints, drivers will be asked to provide a current driver’s license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. Additionally, seat belt compliance for both driver and all passengers will be checked.
The following is a list of announced locations for these holiday checkpoints through New Year’s Eve:
- University Drive at Jordan Lane
- Us 72 East between Epworth and Moore’s Mill Road
- Oakwood Avenue and Pulaski Pike
- North Memorial Parkway at Sparkman Drive
- Jordan Lane at Sparkman Drive
- South Memorial Parkway at Meadowbrook Drive
- Airport Road and Whitesburg Drive