Madison Utilities Issues Temporary Water Boil Advisory For Some Residents
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – Madison Utilities has finished making repairs to a water main that broke late Thursday night on McAdoo Drive. The company is now increasing water pressure to residents who lost water.
On Friday evening, Madison Utilities will gradually increase water pressure to the affected areas, and will test the water as it goes through the lines. However, you’re urged to take precautions as well.
If your home was completely out of water, please boil all water you intend to drink until Saturday night. That’s when Madison Utilities expects to lift the boil advisory.
If you have questions, Madison Utilities will have staff members working on Saturday to answer your phone calls. The number is (256) 772-0253.
The area included in the temporary water boil advisory is generally limited to customers east of Hughes Road, north of Old Madison Pike and south of Bradford Farms. Please see the map below — the orange shading highlights this area.
Madison Utilities offers these tips to safely boil drinking water:
- Fill a pot with water.
- Heat the water until bubbles come from the bottom of the pot.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil, let it boil for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat source and let the water cool.
- Pour the water into a clean container with a cover for storage.
- Woman's Auto-Payments Hid Her Death for Six Years
- Chrysler: Rare Dodge Viper Used for Educational Purposes Must Be Destroyed
- EXCLUSIVE: Scottsboro Police Looking For Three People Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit Bills
- BREAKING: New Hope Furniture Store Burnt Down, Traffic Backed up on Highway 431