Bob Jones High, Discovery Middle Closed Today Due To Water Main Break
Image Credit: MGN Online
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) — Bob Jones High School and Discovery Middle School were on a two-hour delay today, but now, school officials say there will be no school at all today.
School leaders made that decision around 8:30 a.m. Friday. It’s due to a water main break that affects both schools.
Crews are still working to repair the break, which is located in the areas of Eastview Drive and McAdoo Drive. They worked throughout the night Thursday and into Friday morning as well.
Some customers of Madison Utilities are urged to boil water once it returns. This is for people who live east of Hughes Road, north of Old Madison Pike and south of Bradford Farms.
Madison Utilities suggests these residents do the following to have safe drinking water:
- Fill a pot with water.
- Heat the water until bubbles come from the bottom of the pot.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil, let it boil for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat source and let the water cool.
- Pour the water into a clean container with a cover for storage.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart