Featured Job: Pet Nutrition Specialist
We are looking for team members that are passionate about their pets and the bond that is created between humans and animals. As a CROSSMARK Pet Nutrition Specialist, your job will be to educate pet lovers on a leading dog and cat food product. The Pet Nutrition Specialist will be interacting with customers in a retail pet store by approaching animal owners and discussing food choice, formulations, and the well-being of their four-legged friend. If you have a love for animals, and are enthusiastic when talking about animal products and health, you are exactly what we want for this team. These events are Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, so apply now if you are looking for a weekend job!
Summary The Associate is responsible for completing in-store pet food and non-food customer
interactions with shoppers and their pets. The Associate acquires and maintains a high level of
knowledge of products represented. The Associate intercepts consumers and educates,
advises, and sells pet products in a professional manner. May also include merchandising and
stocking of products as needed. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with
the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Must be able to work in-store to enthusiastically interact with and educate shoppers on
identifying pet nutritional needs while communicating the features and benefits of the
* Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the
store personnel, shopper and their pets in a positive manner.
* Must be able to use marketing materials to effectively communicate specific nutritional
information, product features and benefits as provided in the training materials.
* Hand out pet product samples/materials to shoppers and pets in store.
* Collect shopper feedback and enroll shoppers in direct marketing programs.
* Use interactive technology and websites to access information and share data with store
personnel and shoppers.
* Work with store personnel to enhance product knowledge, authenticate inventory and
* Provide regular feedback to Retail Supervisor as well as client regarding store
performance, shopper feedback and store feedback.
* Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
* Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
* Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
* Builds and maintains professional attitude and rapport with store personnel, shoppers,
and vendors to effectively meet company and client objectives.
* Completes expense reports as per Company Policy, if applicable.
* Prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution.
Note: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may
be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related
instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Must bring a personal tablet computer to every work shift, except in those states which require alternate arrangements.
Education/Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and retail sales consulting experience required. One to three months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement. College degree or college courses in animal science, pre-medicine, biology, veterinary technician or related fields are a
Physical Demands:The associate will be regularly required to:
* Interact with animals
* Stand up to 8 hours at a time
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
* Talk and hear
* Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
* Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder)
* Be in contact with cleaning supplies
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds)
Physical Appearance:Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming
is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance.
Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition,
tattoos or facial piercings must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work
* Proficient use of a Personal Computer and Tablet or other technological devices, if applicable, and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Strong, passionate interest in pet well-being and direct experience with pet(s) and/or pet relationships preferred.
* Ability to work in pet stores, veterinary offices and pet grooming offices or related environments that have dogs, cats, and other animals in close proximity and willingness and ability to touch the pets is required.
* As needed, ability to lead, guide and mentor peer associates on all essential duties and
responsibilities as listed above
Click here for more information.