Optimized Operations Environmental Health and Safety – Decatur, AL-1208689
Organization: Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Alabama-Decatur
Job Type: Entry Level
3M is seeking an Optimized Operations Environmental Health and Safety professional for Decatur, AL manufacturing site. The target start date for this position is January, 2013.
Job Summary: The person hired for the position of Optimized Operations (O2) Environmental Healt and Safety will primarily be responsible for acquiring general knowledge and understanding quickly and successfully by running a series of focused projects within the 3M manufacturing and distribution environment.
The successful candidate will work at the 3M site in Decatur, AL where they will be a part of the O2 Program for approximately 12-18 months, supporting Material Resource Division. From this development, candidates will be capable of environmental health and safety responsibilities. Upon completion of the O2 program, the goal is to place the employee into one of these types of positions, most likely at the Decatur, AL site.
Relocation benefits are currently authorized for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in extensive training such as Lean Six Sigma, project management and leadership development, enabling them to be placed into a manufacturing location with enhanced ability to contribute quickly to process improvements that assist the entire supply chain.
- Providing leadership on assigned projects with mentoring to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Lead projects and activities related to process safety management, industrial hygiene, ergonomics.
- Support EHS considerations for Management of Change and equipment upgrades
- Complete EHS compliance reporting and data analysis
- Lead/participate in EHS audits and self assessments
- Apply risk management principles to the identification and control of workplace hazards
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain “non-U.S. persons” (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, “Temporary Residents” (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company’s sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Either possess or be in your last year of completing a degree in any Environmental Health and Safety discipline.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (cumulative)
- Previous experience working/interning in an engineering role
- Master’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Occupational Safety, or related field.
- Previous or current 3M intern experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
Click here for more information.