Update: Teen Killed By Train Identified
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The young man who was struck and killed by a train on Friday afternoon has been identified. Huntsville police say 14-year-old Dylan Dewayne Jones was walking in the middle of the tracks in the area of Oakwood Avenue and Lee High Drive.
Huntsville Police Lieutenant Randy Owens said the train was headed south on the tracks. The engineer saw the teen and sounded the horn several times, but the young man didn’t get off the tracks. The conductor tried to stop the train in time, but couldn’t.
Dylan Jones was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a Lee High School student.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it