Apartment Fire in Decatur Displaces Entire Building
DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – A fire that began in an apartment kitchen has displaced the entire building. Decatur Fire and Rescue responded to a call shortly after 11:30 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived, firefighters found flames shooting from the roof of an upstairs apartment. The residents say their gas stove caught fire and they were unable to put it out. All four apartments in the building were evacuated. It took fire crews about an hour to put out the blaze. The apartment where the fire started is destroyed and there is heavy smoke damage to the other three units.