Restaurant Ratings: Mold & Slime is bad for Your Health
(WHNT) – In this week’s edition of Restaurant Ratings, three eateries on University Drive in Huntsville get some unwanted attention from Madison County Health Inspectors.
First up, The Waffle House at 3995 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 83.
- Eggs stored above the griddle were 70F.
- Chopped ham was 51F.
Next, Bama Grocery at 2310 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 81.
- Black slime in the interior of the ice machine.
Last, The Chevron at 2605 University Drive in Huntsville: Score of 80.
- Mold in the interior of the ice machine and no grid.
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
As for our Golden Spoon award, Yogurt Mountain at 2700 Carl T. Jones Drive in Huntsville: Score of 99.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.
- Woman's Auto-Payments Hid Her Death for Six Years
- Chrysler: Rare Dodge Viper Used for Educational Purposes Must Be Destroyed
- EXCLUSIVE: Scottsboro Police Looking For Three People Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit Bills
- BREAKING: New Hope Furniture Store Burnt Down, Traffic Backed up on Highway 431