Can’t See, Can’t Drive Safely
MADISON COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – At first glance, the intersection of Brewer Road and Wall Triana Highway in the Harvest area of Madison County appears perfectly normal. The problem is, when you’re on Brewer and roll up to the stop sign, you can’t see. “You just got to stop before you get to the intersection to see, and then when you get up here, you got to stop again to stop that way,” says Tillman Jefferson, who uses the intersection daily.
The problems for the intersection are on both the left and right. On the left, telephone polls along Wall Triana block the view, so you have to stop well before the stop sign and check traffic coming from the left. On the right, there’s a house, and an elevated yard that blocks your sight line for oncoming traffic. To see to the right, drivers have to pull all the way up to Wall Triana, almost into the street.
The situation is complicated by busy traffic conditions on Wall Triana Highway. For drivers on Brewer, using the intersection safely requires being very careful. “Extremely! You have to really look. I mean me, i look a few times. I don’t just look twice, I probably look three or four,” says Mike Lanford.
The bottom line on the intersection, if drivers can’t easily see oncoming traffic they can’t safely use the intersection. We’re taking action and talking to Madison County officials to see what can be done to make the intersection safer.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it