Bicyclist Apparently Died Of Heart Attack
MARSHALL COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Grant Police say it appears a bicyclist who died on Simpson Point Road was not hit by a car, as was first believed.
Police say it now appears Vearl David Beckham, 65, died of a medical condition, possibly a heart attack. Beckham lived in New Hope.
They at first thought a driver had hit the Beckham and then left the scene. Police say that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.
Someone found Beckham shortly before 12 p.m. Tuesday on Simpson Point Road, at Brewer Circle.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it