Cullman County Fatal Plane Crash Victims Identified
CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Dr. Gary Cohen and his wife Nancy were identified as the two people that lost their lives in a Cullman County plane crash Monday afternoon.
The couple was flying home to Gallatin, Tn. from a vacation in Destin, Fl. Unfortunately, they never made it.
Initial reports show that Dr. Cohen was in contact with air traffic control in Atlanta and sent a “mayday” because of the weather.
Their 1989 Mooney airplane went down in a field near Smith Lake. The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the crash.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it