Information provided by the Huntsville Police Department:
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) - The Huntsville Police Department reported it will be proactive in enforcing Alabama DUI Laws over this July 4th holiday period. Thanks to grant enforcement money provided by the Northeast Alabama Traffic Safety Office (N.A.T.S.O.) Huntsville Police Officers will be setting up traffic safety checkpoints and encouraging everyone not to drink and drive.
Using crash data from the State of Alabama Critical Analysis Reporting Environment (C.A.R.E.) data program, the Huntsville Police Department’s DUI Traffic Task Force will be setting up announced and unannounced random safety check points.
The announced locations through July 6th will be:
- Winchester Road at Moores Mill Road
- Memorial Parkway and Meadowbrook Road
- Drake Avenue at Chasewood Drive
- Hwy 72 at Chapman Mountain
- Bob Wallace Avenue at Leeman Ferry Road
- Andrew Jackson Way at Ward Avenue
- Jordan Lane (SR-53) at University Drive
- Old Monrovia Road at Providence Main
Remember, there will also be other unannounced checkpoints.
When stopped at a safety checkpoint, you will be asked for a current driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration. Additionally, seat belt compliance for both the drivers and all passengers will be checked.