Two Sex Offenders Arrested In DeKalb County
DeKalb County Sheriff’s deputies arrested two men this week for violating sex offender laws.
Sheriff Jimmy Harris said Richard Holcomb, 32, of Dutton, was arrested for working at a business at 1285 Alabama Highway 35, which is too close to Plainview School in Rainsville. No convicted sex offender, can work within 2,000 feet of a school.
Billy Joe Busby, 28, of Fyffe, was arrested for not having an ID or driver’s license showing his current address.
“There’s more to it than just registering,” said Sheriff Harris. “Sex offenders have to comply with regulations on an ongoing basis.”
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it